Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wheeler Farm Cross 10 Nov 2007

All of the conditions were at Wheeler Farm for a good time. The weather, the course, and clearly the cross. I arrived a bit early to try to warm up better then I normally do and also because I did not know where Wheeler Farm was. I took probably 3 laps around the course while I was warming up and realized that the laps were freaking huge! On one of my laps I took a wayward path and later recognized that it was off.
Once the race started I got into a nice 2nd or 3rd position. This, however, did not last long. It seemed that my lack of training during the week and just bad luck on some turns with people, including myself, falling really pushed me back. I slid out on a corner by the duck bridge and the rest is history. I just was trying to keep my position and I slowly gave way to a few more racers. In the end I placed 9th. It was god race and I sure learned that I can not miss practice during the week. Boy, did that hurt me.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Nice job Eric! Only 3 more races left.

L.R.L said...

i like you